Friday 4 July 2014

DIY: Make Your own (Rubiks Cube lamp shade). YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

This is my first instructable :D The story behind this cube is that we
had a 80's party and we needed something that was really 80's. I didnt have much time and much tools but I had a big

 

Step 1: What you need

carton package
a drill
a jigsaw
semitransparent paper in different colors
hotglue
black paint
some clamps
cut the package in 5 equal pieces and then put the pieces together . Use the clamps to hold the pieces together.

Step 2: Draw little squares

so what you have to do is depends on the size of your carton, you have to draw 9 equal squares.You should be careful not to have to big squares otherwise the lines between the squares will be too thin.

Step 3: Cut the squares out

To make your work easier drill holes in the corner of the squares . Now you can use the jigsaw to cut it out.I didnt have a finer blade so the work was a little messy I recommend a really fine jigsaw blade.

Step 4: Glue the pieces together

I left a little more space on the outside so I could glues the pieces on each other. Be careful while you hot glue it can burn your skin.I didnt have perfect joints so I had to cover some of them with paper tape.(don't worry when you paint it over no one will see it ;) )

Step 5: Paint it

Just use any kind of black paint of your desire .

Step 6: Put the semitransparent sheets in

First I had the idea to cut the sheets in small 9 pieces but that would make the work harder so I hot glued on each side one whole sheet of course for each side a different color.

Step 7: Then there was light!

I put the hole thing over an Ikea lamp and as you can see it works good and the effect in the dark is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment